The forex trading timings in India are as per the Indian Standard Time (IST).
Hence, the market will open on Monday early morning and close on Saturday early morning.
Indian Standard Time (IST) is 5.5 hours, which is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +5.5).
This is the reason why there is a time difference between European forex brokers’ market hours and Indian forex brokers’ market hours.
What are the forex market timings in India?
- The forex market timings will start on Monday morning for the Meta Traders.
- The timings are from 2:30 A.M. IST Monday up to 1:30 or 2:30 A.M. on Saturday.
- However, the Indian stock market traders will follow the Indian exchange market timings, which are from 9:15 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. IST.
- As a forex trader in India, you can trade CFDs using the best forex brokers 24 hours per day, except on weekends.
Forex market timings as presented in IST:
|Trading Session||Opening Time (IST)||Closing Time (IST)|
|Wellington (Pacific Session)||3:30 A.M.||10:15 A.M.|
|Sydney (Pacific Session)||5:30 A.M.||12:30 P.M.|
|Tokyo (Asian Session)||5:30 A.M.||2:30 P.M.|
|Hong-Kong and Singapore (Asian Session)||6:30 A.M.||2:30 P.M.|
|Frankfurt (European Session)||11:30 A.M.||7:30 P.M.|
|London (European Session)||12:30 P.M.||8:30 P.M.|
|New York (North American Session)||5:30 P.M.||2:30 A.M.|
The Best Forex Trading Time in India:
- The best forex trading time in India is from 17:30 IST to 20:30 IST if you are planning to trade US dollar-related currency pairs such as EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, etc.
- During this period, the EU trading session and the US market trading session will overlap.
- Hence, there is the most significant market trading volume at this moment.
Also Read:Indian Stock Market Timings – All Time in 1 Guide
What is the trading time in the Indian Exchange Market?
- Trading time in India on the Indian Exchange Market starts from 9:15 IST to 15:30 IST.
- The Indian National Stock Exchange market has a pre-open session from 9:00 IST to 9:08 IST.
List of holidays in the Indian market:
The Indian stock market is closed on the following days:
|4||14/04/2022||Thursday||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti/ Mahavir Jayanti|
|6||03/05/2022||Tuesday||Id-Ul-Fitr (Ramzan Eid)|
|11||24/10/2022||Monday||Diwali- Laxmi Poojan|
Meta trader trading time in India:
- The forex market will open on Monday morning at 2:30 A.M. IST and close on Saturday morning at 2:30 A.M. IST for Meta Traders.
- The US market’s opening time in India is at 7:00 P.M. IST
Must Know:What Is Forex Trading?
When does the Indian exchange market open?
- The Indian exchange market opens at 9:00 IST and the regular currency trading hours are between 9:00 IST and 17:00 IST.
- The exact times apply from Monday to Friday.
XAUUSD opening time in India:
- Traders from India can trade XAUUSD as well as other metals from 9:00 IST to 17:00 IST.
- If you are a Meta trader, then India’s gold market opening time is from Monday 2:30 A.M. IST to Saturday 2:30 A.M. IST.
Other market opening times in IST:
The other market opening times as per IST are as follows:
|Name||Opening Time (IST)||Closing Time (IST)|
|NYSE timings in India||7:00 P.M.||1:30 A.M.|
|NASDAQ timings in India||7:00 P.M.||1:30 A.M.|
|London Stock Exchange timings in India||1:30 P.M.||10:00 P.M.|
|Hong Kong Stock Exchange timings in India||6:45 A.M.||1:30 P.M.|
|Shanghai Stock Exchange timings in India||7:00 P.M.||12:30 P.M.|
|SIX Swiss Exchange timings in India||1:30 P.M.||10:00 P.M.|
|Taiwan Stock Exchange timings in India||6:30 A.M.||11:00 A.M.|
|Japan Exchange group timings in India||5:30 A.M.||11:30 A.M.|
When does the European market open in IST?
The European market opens in India at 13:30 IST.
The London Exchange market also opens at 13:30 IST and closes at 22:00 IST.
Also Like:Top 5 Best Technical Analysis Software
We hope that the above blog gives you clarity about the forex market timings in India.
Trading Fuel is our blog website where we give you knowledge about finance, economics, the stock market, and intraday trading. Stay tuned with us for more such blogs.
Must Know About: Top Participants in The Foreign Exchange Market