Top 10 Highest Market Capitalization Companies in India:
Do you know what is Market Capitalization?
We will discuss it in brief ahead as it is an important part for the investors or the traders to know about the stock market.
It is the part of their investment decisions with regards of the share price also.
Every company in India is really working hard to get better in the terms of the quality and the customer satisfaction through them they provide their products and services.
An organization is evaluated on the basis of the different parameters likes the quality of the product, pricing, customer interaction, assets, profits, market cap and may more and with accordance of this it is further ranked.
The size of the company depends upon their market capitalization and it is the important factor to look upon.
Let’s begin with the article on “Top 10 Highest Market Capitalization Companies in India”
Further, getting the list of the Top 10 companies let start with the understanding of the Market Capitalization in the first place.
What is Market Capitalization?
Market Capitalization is the actual valuation of the company that is based on their current share price and the total number of outstanding shares.
It can be calculated by:
Market Capitalization = (Current Market Price of 1 Share) * (Total Number of Outstanding Shares)
Then, after that the companies are classified into three parts as in
- Large Cap
- Mid Cap
- Small Cap
Okay, so let begin with the list of Top 10 Companies with Highest Market Capitalization
Top 10 Highest Market Capitalization Companies in India
I. Reliance (683,499.82 Cr)
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) it is an Indian Multinational Company and its headquartered is in Mumbai.
- The Co-founder of the Company is Dhirubhai Ambani and Champaklal Damani in the year 1960’s as the Reliance Commercial Corporation.
- Reliance is involved in many product line like energy, telecommunication, retail, textiles and many more.
- Reliance is the most profitable companies which makes it to be top-most Company with the highest market capitalization of 683,499.82 Cr.
II. TCS (620,794.53 Cr)
- TCS stands for Tata Consultancy Service Limited and this is also the multinational company in India in the Information Technology (IT) Sector and the headquartered are in Mumbai.
- This company is the subsidiary of the Tata Group and it is operating in the current 149 locations across 46 countries and many more.
- Tata Consultancy Service is currently placed among the most valuable IT service brands from the worldwide.
- The current Market Capitalization of this company is 620,794.53 Cr and makes it the second highest company in India with highest Market Capitalization.
III. HUL (466,210.02Cr)
- HUL stands for Hindustan Unilever Limited that was established in the year 1933.
- This company is also has many product line like foods, beverages, personal care products, consumer goods and many more.
- This products are most sold in the Indian market and makes them the prominent leader in the market as of on there are 35 product brands and more and in 20 categories.
- This leading brand as the market capitalization of 466,210.02 Cr and it includes this in the top 3 companies of highest market capitalization in India.
IV. HDFC Bank (446,210.02 Cr)
- This bank is an Indian financial and banking services company that was started in 1994 and the registered office is in Mumbai, India.
- In India, this is the largest private sector lender in terms of their assets and market capitalization.
- This bank provide a better customer service to their customers and makes them feel safe and that’s how this bank has reached every corner in the country.
- HDFC Bank has the market capitalization of 446,210.02 Cr.
V. HDFC (259,703.76 Cr)
- This HDFC stands for Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited and it is an Indian financial services that is started in the year 1977.
- In the start, it was established as the mortgage company in India.
- Now, after that HDFC provides more services like in banking stream, insurance stream, asset management and many more.
- By this diversification of the products it is also the leading company in India that has the market capitalization of 259,703.76 Cr.
VI. Infosys (249,337.55 Cr)
- Infosys Limited is an Indian multinational company that provides the business consulting services, information technology services and many more.
- It’s headquartered is in Bengaluru in Karnataka, India.
- This is the second largest company of Information technology after the TCS in information technology.
- This company comes in the top 10 list for the highest market capitalization in India with market cap at 249,337.55 Cr.
VII. Bharti Airtel (231,288.35 Cr)
- In the global it is known as Airtel, that provides the global telecom services.
- This is a company based in Delhi, India.
- Currently is operates more than 18 countries across the globe.
- A giant telecom services provider has the market capitalization of 231,288.35 Cr.
VIII. ITC (218,555.87 Cr)
- ITC Limited is the multinational company that has the headquartered in Kolkata.
- This company has also many product line like in the personal care products, tobacco, consumer goods and many more.
- It has been the prominent leading company with their interaction with the company being the strong.
- The company has the market capitalization of 218,555.35 Cr.
IX. Kotak Mahindra (218,086.37 Cr)
- Kotak Mahindra Bank is the private sector bank and has the headquartered in Mumbai.
- They took the banking license from the Reserve Bank of India and offers many banking and financial services to their customers.
- It also moved in another areas of services in the personal finance, investment banking, wealth management and many more.
- The market capitalization of Kotak Mahindra is 218,086.37 Cr.
X. ICICI Bank (185,444.72 Cr)
- ICICI Bank is a multinational banking and financial service provider that has the headquartered in Mumbai and the registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- This bank also offers a wide range of services in banking, insurance, asset management and many more.
- ICICI Bank has its presence in all over in 20 countries across the world and many more.
- This bank has the market capitalization of 185,444.72 Cr.
Hope that you got the list of “Top 10 Highest Market Capitalization Companies in India” and by referring this also you can make your investment decisions based on the list. Trading Fuel is simply our blog site that represent the contents regarding the stock market in the financial world with easy wordings. As we had numbers on blog in our website you can read them all as it will useful for you. Till then, Read more and Stay Updated with us.