Best 5G Stocks to Buy in India: The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in India has given approval on May 4 to conduct trials of the 5G technology in the coming 6 months.
What is 5G technology?
5G is the 5th generation mobile network and is a new global wireless standard.
5G is being developed as a wireless standard after 1g, 2g, 3g, and 4g networks.
5G is a new kind of network that is designed to virtually connect everyone and everything together, including machines, devices, and objects.
What is the expected market size of 5G technology worldwide?
There have been several investments going on in 5G technology in India in recent times.
The entire market size of 5G technology and the related services around the world amounted to over 53 billion USD and is estimated to reach around 249.2 billion USD by the year 2026, which is expected to be more than any country’s GDP in a year.
Which countries have enabled 5G technology for consumers?
Currently, 5G networks are active in 61 countries, as per the latest report that was provided by the Global Mobile Suppliers Association.
Australia, China, Canada, the United States, South Korea, and other European countries have enabled 5G technology for their citizens.
Best 5G Stocks to Buy in India
The entire 5G network in the country can be categorized into two segments:
#1. Telecommunication Service Provider (TSP):
TSPs are a type of service provider that initially provided telephone and similar services.
This category will include incumbent local exchange carriers, mobile wireless communication companies, and competitive local exchange carriers.
The following are The Best 5G Stocks to Buy in India under this category:
#1. Vodafone Idea:
- Vodafone Idea Limited, also known as the VI, is an Indian telecom operator which was formed after Vodafone India merged with Idea Cellular.
- VI is the largest mobile telecommunication network in India and the 10th largest mobile telecommunication network in the world as well.
- VI has been deploying several technologies such as Massive MIMO, DSR, and Cloudification of Core, which are central to its future growth strategy to also establish its presence in the 5G segment.
- The company has also initiated 5G trials with its major network partners, i.e., Nokia and Ericsson, on the recently allocated 5g spectrum in 2 cities in India.
- It must be noted that the company is still facing some challenges and will also require the government’s support to stay afloat in the country.
Latest Stock Price & Info: Vodafone Idea
#2. Bharti Airtel:
- Bharti Airtel, a.k.a. Airtel, is an Indian multinational telecommunication service company.
- The company is the second-largest mobile operator in India and the third-largest in the world.
- The company is also operating in more than 18 countries, as well as the Channel Islands.
- The company successfully conducted its 5G trial in Kolkata in collaboration with Nokia in November last year.
- It was also allocated the test spectrum in multiple bands by the government of India for the validation of the 5g technology and the user cases.
- The company will join forces with leading companies such as Cisco, Google Cloud, AWS, Accenture, Nokia, and TCS to work with the most prolific industry-leading brands such as Apollo hospitals, Flipkart, and several leading manufacturing companies to test the 5g based solutions.
Latest Stock Price & Info: Bharti Airtel
#3. Reliance Industries Limited (Reliance Jio):
- Reliance JIO is not a listed company, but it is a part of Reliance Industries.
- In the year of 2016, RIL launched JIO, which turned out to be a huge disruptor to the telecom industry.
- With the launch of JIO, they have introduced 4G services to the Indian market at a very low price, which was approximately 95% lower than its other competitors.
- The company offered free voice calls as well as the OTT platforms of the company along with the SIM card.
- JIO now wants to become a leader in the 5G segment as well, and for that it has developed a 100% home-grown and comprehensive 5G solution, which is fully cloud-native as well as digitally managed.
- The company has also successfully conducted trials of the connected drones on its indigenous 5G network.
- RIL has also partnered with Qualcomm to manufacture critical equipment for the 5G ecosystem in the country.
Latest Stock Price & Info: Reliance Industries Limited
#4. MTNL or Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited:
- MTNL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSNl.
- The company has the largest ISP in Mumbai and Delhi in terms of market share and has the third-largest ISP in the country even after having a presence in just the two circles.
- MTNL has its global depository receipts on the London Stock Exchange as well as the American depository receipts on the New York Stock Exchange.
- The DOT, or the department of telecommunications, has allocated the spectrum to MTNL for the 5G trials in Delhi.
- The company will start conducting the same trials in partnership with the C-DOT.
- The stock price has surged drastically with this announcement.
Latest Stock Price & Info: MTNL
#2. Telecommunication Equipment:
- The service providers will use the equipment to facilitate the uninterrupted flow of their networks across the country.
- This equipment will also play an important role by creating the infrastructure required for the digital transformation into the 5G network.
Some of the major stocks in this sector are as follows:
#5. ITI Limited:
- ITI, or the Indian Telephone Industries Limited, is a government-owned telecommunications equipment manufacturing company in the country.
- The company is under the ownership of the DOT.
- The company has contributed to 50% of the current national telecom network in the country.
- The company provides equipment services to BSNL, MTNL, and the defense sector.
- The company also intends to improve and invest in technology by acquiring it from strategic partners, with a particular emphasis on high-growth industrial categories.
- ITI manufactures 5g enabled devices so as to perform and smoothen the test trial of the 5g deployment.
Latest Stock Price & Info: ITI Limited
#6. HFCL Limited:
- HFCL, a.k.a. Himachal Futuristic Communications Limited, is an Indian telecom company which was incorporated in the year of 1987.
- The company serves various industries such as security, railways, telecommunications, cable fiber, and textiles.
- The company is also building a portfolio of 5G products, including the 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) and 5G transport equipment, both for the Indian as well as foreign markets.
- The 5G RAN portfolio will comprise products such as the cell site router, aggregation routers, and Macro Radio Unit.
- The company is also looking to tap the INR 1 lakh crore (5g) market opportunity in India and will be exporting to West Asia, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
Latest Stock Price & Info: HFCL Limited
- Sterlite Technologies Limited (STL) is an Indian multinational technology company with a specialization in optical fiber, cables, deployment, network software, and hyper-scale network design.
- The company also has a global presence with offices in China, SEA, the US, Europe, and MEA.
- The company also plans to combine the power of optical, virtualization, wireless, and the deployment methodology to build a robust 5G infrastructure for the country as well as the world.
- With that attempt, STL has developed Opticonn, which has a high-power optical connectivity solution.
- The company has also launched its Accellus solution, which includes 5G multi-band radios that are co-developed in partnership with Facebook Connectivity.
- Along with that, it has also developed O-RAN compliant indoor small cells, outdoor WiFi6 radio solutions, and a RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC).
Latest Stock Price & Info: STL
#8. Indus Towers:
- Indus Towers is the merged entity between the group companies of Vodafone PLC and Bharti Airtel, also formerly known as Bharti Infratel.
- This stock is bound to rise and could become an HUL in its own sector.
- The stock is tending to enter the growth stage while it will deploy the tower infrastructure for the TSPs, which will be the main aspect to avail the 5g services, as the bandwidth requires a 10x tower for a strong network without any failure.
Latest Stock Price & Info: Indus Towers
#9. Tejas Networks:
- Tejas Networks is an optical, data networking, and broadband product company in India.
- The company has built many IPs in various areas of the telecom network and has also emerged as a major exporter to all the other developing countries in Africa and Southeast Asia.
- In addition, Tata Group has also acquired a 43.35% stake in the company in order to make an entry into the telecom equipment market.
- The company is into manufacturing telecommunications equipment and also has multiple licenses to export its products to various countries.
- The company has also patented its products in the 5g equipment.
- The company has bagged the deal for the optical networks expansion deal from Airtel and through this, it is expected to benefit from the PLI scheme to promote telecom equipment manufacturing in the country.
Latest Stock Price & Info: Tejas Networks
The above list will give you an insight into the best 5G network stocks in the country.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Trading Fuel is our website for blogs where we provide you with the information as well as has also created a knowledge bank about finance, economics, the stock market, and intraday trading. We hope that you like our blog “Best 5G Stocks to Buy in India”.
~Stay tuned with us for more such various blogs~