Zerodha is one of the most popular discount brokers in India. The web trading application of Zerodha allows you to trade and invest in different financial instruments. The application is known as Zerodha Kite and it is very easy to use. Regular upgradations of the application make it one of the best apps in the country. In this article, you will understand all the basic details about Zerodha Kite.
Zerodha Kite Tutorial
Zerodha has brought technology revolution in the stockbroking space with its discount broking application, Zerodha Kite. The application is lightweight and ensures an optimal user experience with its brilliant performance and features. The Zerodha Kite application comes for mobile as well as the desktop version. The main advantage of the Kite version is that it is very responsive and works efficiently across devices like laptops, mobile, tablet, desktop or tablet without any problem. At the moment, Kite has more than 8,00,000 users. The desktop version of the Kite 3.0 version looks like below;
Zerodha Kite Mobile App Download Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zerodha.kite3&hl=en_IN
Let us now learn about Zerodha Kite Connect
If you are looking to integrate API with Zerodha Kite, you can do so using this feature. The experienced traders can use a wide range of fundamental and technical features to check their investments in the stock market. This application lets you connect to different technical libraries that are as follows;
- Node JS
Let us now learn about the top Kite functions.
The Kite application is available in 10 different regional languages that include Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Hindi, etc.
- Single Search
By using the single search feature on the Kite application, you can search across thousands of equity scripts and other financial instruments belonging to different trading segments and indices. This feature allows the trader to search and look for different stocks and financial products for trading.
- Light to Use
Since the Kite application is lightweight and can function with slower internet speeds too, the users in third or fourth-tier cities do not face much of connectivity issues. In fact, you can watch the market smoothly with internet speed as low as 0.5 Kbps.
When it comes to technical analysis and charts, Zerodha Kite provides traders and investors with a wide range of options. The advanced charting system shows many different types of charts and drawing tools. For intraday traders, the data is available since 2014 and you also get access to daily level charts of the last 7 years across the various trading sections.
You can get browser notifications for all the updates in relation to your demat account, price alerts, market news, and any other important information about the stock market. The notifications help in taking the right decisions at the right time.
- User Experience
With easy navigation, high usability, shortcut keys and minimalistic user interface, Kite offers one of the best user experiences. The beginners can easily understand the complexities of the stock market using this application.
- Multiple Order Types
You can place multiple order types using the Kite. The different types of orders include stop-loss order, limit order, market order, etc.
- Variety of Products
As many as 90k stocks and derivatives products including stocks, currency pairs, indices, etc. are available to trade.
The above are a few of the features of the Zero Kite application. To enjoy its benefits in real, you have to open a demat account with them. Let us now understand how you can start trading using the Zerodha Kite platform.
Trading with Kite
- The discount broker sends you confirmation emails on the opening of an account with Zerodha.
- The email consist of login details to Zerodha Q. It is a reporting tool that the broker provides to the client.
- The other email consists of the login details to Kite. It also includes a one-time password. On logging the application using the one-time password, you have to change your password according to your preference.
- On logging in the application, you will get a default tour of the application.
- After the tour, you can personalize the application by putting your profile picture and other details.
- You can easily transfer funds from Zerodha to bank accounts by using various transfer methods such as RTGS, IMPS or NEFT.
- Similarly, you can set the withdrawal time on the settlement of stocks selling in T+2 days. This will reflect in your transaction in the next 2 business days and 1 day in case of options trading.
- Using the Kite application you can set different types of orders like stop-loss order, normal order, limit order, etc.
- To view your holdings, you can visit the ‘View Portfolio’. You can also check the net profit or loss of your trades here.
- By using the ‘Stock Widget’ feature you can quickly see the fundamentals of the company.
Zerodha Kite Login Link: https://kite.zerodha.com/
Let us now learn about the Zerodha Kite charges.
Zerodha Kite Charges
- Intraday Charges: The intraday charges range from 0.01% of trade value or Rs. 20, whichever is lower.
- Withdrawal Charges: For each transaction of withdrawal, a charge of Rs.9 plus tax is applicable.
- API Charges: If you are looking to integrate API for your trades, the charge is Rs. 2,000 per month. And if you want access to historical data, then the price is Rs. 4,000 per month.
Let us now learn about Kite to Amibroker
Zerodha Kite to Amibroker
For traders who believe in technical analysis and understand it very well, they can use Amibroker. It is a tool with scanning, backtesting and charting features. You can integrate Amibroker with Zerodha Kite. However, there are charges applicable to it. The charges are as follows;
- Price of data subscription is available in 1/2/3/6/12 moths packages.
- Cost of Amibroker Software license; Standard edition is Rs. 12,500; Professional edition Rs. 17,600 and Ultimate Pack Pro edition Rs. 25,800.
Let us now learn about the advantages of using Zerodha Kite.
- Slow internet speed in small cities is not a problem because it works smoothly even at low internet bandwidth.
- The application is available in multiple languages.
- By subscribing to Zerodha Kite alerts, you can receive notifications and alerts about important news of the stock market.
- Kite is available in the form of a chrome extension with access to specific features.
- The usage charges for Kite are nil and no separate charges are applicable for its usage.
- Zerodha Kite is available in a mobile version.
- You can easily reach the Zerodha Customer Care team when Zerodha Kite is not functioning properly.
Let us now learn about some of the problems while using Zerodha Kite.
Problems While Using Zerodha Kite
- You cannot do backtesting using Zerodha Kite.
- There is no feature to place your order directly on the chart.
- Minor issues in charting when you open it in particular browsers.
- It is not possible to single sign-in.
The above are a few of the drawbacks of using Zerodha Kite. But as far as final thoughts on using the application go, Zerodha Kite is one of the best trading and investing applications in the market. The app provides a wide range of features at reasonable costs. However, you need to be conscious during instances when the site faces a downtime. If you are a beginner or a regular trader in the stock market and require assistance in the form of stock market tips, you can contact Trading Fuel. Apart from giving regular stock tips, we provide free blogs and articles on various topics of the stock market. By visiting our page regularly you can enhance your stock market knowledge and make good returns. If you have any queries or need more information, you can contact us via email or call us.