As a new investor and trader, the very first thing they should know is stock market timings. So here in this blog, we will discuss World Stock Market Timings according to Indian timings. First, let’s talk about the Indian Stock Market timings. Trading on the Indian Stock Market takes place from Monday to Friday. There is no trading on Saturday, Sunday and holidays declared by the Indian Stock Exchange in advance.
World Stock Market Time as per Indian Time
|Stock Exchange||Country||Opening Time (IST)||Closing Time (ISY)|
|Japan Exchange Group||Japan||5:30 AM||11:30 AM|
|Australian Securities Exchange||Australia||5:30 AM||11:30 AM|
|Korea Exchange||South Korea||5:30 Am||11:30 AM|
|Taiwan Stock Exchange||Taiwan||6:30 AM||11:00 Am|
|Hong Kong Stock Exchange||Hong Kong||6:45 AM||1:30 PM|
|Shanghai Stock Exchange||China||7:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|Shenzhen Stock Exchange||China||7:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|Deutsche Borse||Germany||12:30 PM||2:30 AM|
|JSE Limited||South Africa||12:30 PM||8:30 PM|
|Euronext||European Union||12:30 PM||9:00 PM|
|SIX Swiss Exchange||Switzerland||1:30 PM||10:00 PM|
|BME Spanish Exchange||Spain||1:30 PM||10:00 PM|
|London Stock Exchange||UK and Italy||1:30 PM||10:00 PM|
|BM&F Bovespa||Brazil||6:30 PM||1:30 AM|
|New York Stock Exchange||USA||7:00 PM||1:30 AM|
|NASDAQ||USA||7:00 PM||1:30 AM|
|TMX Group||Canada||8:00 PM||2:30 AM|
From the above discussion, we get the details about the World Stock Market timings according to IST. So now let’s look at the Indian Stock Market Timings.
Indian Stock Market timing takes place in three sessions.
- The Pre-open session
- The pre-open session is open exactly for 15 minutes.
- 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM
- This session is divided into three sessions.
- Order Entry session (9:00 AM to 9:08 AM)
- order matching session ( 9:08 AM to 9:12 AM)
- Buffer Session (9:12 AM to 9:15 AM)
- Traders can place the order to buy and sell stocks in the pre-open session.
- You can also modify or cancel the orders during this period.
- The pre-market session controls market volatility.
- Normal Market Session
- The normal market session is the regular trading session that lasts from 9:15 AM to 3:30 PM.
- This is the actual trading session where most of the trades take place.
- In this session, the bilateral matching technique is used for order matching. I.e. when the buying price is equal to the selling price, the transaction is complete and all the transactions are done as per price and time priority.
- Post-closing session
- The post-closing session starts from 3:40 PM and ends at 4:00 PM.
- During this session, buying and selling of shares take place at the closing price of the stocks.
- Normal traders cannot trade during this session.
For More Detail: NSE India
From the above discussion, we get the details about the Indian Stock Market Timings. So now let’s look at the World Stock Market timings according to IST.